Spray Foam Insulation
There are many areas of a house that can be hard to reach including those that contain joist ends, frost walls with multiple tie-ins, and rim-joists. For these and other small surface areas, our company offers spray foam insulation services to keep your home well-protected from the environment and energy efficient all year round. To help you determine if spray foam insulation is the right choice, our attic insulation Edmonton contractors can inspect your residential property. First, they ask that you complete the following “spray foam insulation inspection” of your house:
- We require full access to the areas of your home that require spray foam insulation. All cladding must be removed so that entire surface areas are visible.
- Our company is often asked to open up walls or remove cladding. Although we would love to help, our contractors are insulators and do not possess the tools or resources required to perform such services. If you are in need of general contracting services we suggest consulting this BBB list of accredited home renovation companies.
- Moisture problems must be dealt with on site prior to considering spray foam insulation as it is not suitable for sealing water damaged areas, especially if the source has not been resolved. If our spray foam insulation is applied to a wet surface it may de-laminate.
During their initial in-home visit, our attic insulation Edmonton professionals will discuss in detail the advantages of our spray foam insulation products with you. IDEAL Insulation & Roofing offers two types of spray foam insulation for home use:
- Open cell spray foam insulation (also known as half-pound foam) is suitable for use in for tight spaces because of its expansion characteristics. It has great sound proofing properties and is a very affordable option.
- Close cell spray foam insulation (also known as two-pound foam) has a higher R-value per depth inch with a minimum 2” depth application. It provides a fantastic attic vapor barrier and is very effective at sealing all penetrations.
These spray foam insulation materials have been installed in many homes across Edmonton, Calgary, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Airdrie, Spruce Grove, Leduc, Okotoks, Cochrane, Stony Plain, Strathmore, High River, and Canmore, Alberta. Once you have chosen one of our spray foam insulation products, our attic insulation Edmonton contractors ask that you conduct our “spray foam insulation installation to-do list”:
- To ensure proper off-gassing your property must be vacated for 24 hours after our spray foam insulation is installed. The details are contained in this waiver which is required for all lived in residences. Please take this health and safety protocol into account when considering the viability of your insulation project.
- The areas in which our spray foam insulation is to be installed must be cleared of dust and other forms of debris or loose particles. The spray foam agent is applied at a very high rate of speed so we need to ensure the quality and safety of our installation process.
- Our spray foam insulation must be covered by an approved thermal barrier such as drywall or Hibar fiber.
Our company has received many questions from prospective customers regarding the safety of our spray foam insulation. We are dedicated to providing quality products that are safe for our workers to install and free of any potential dangers to end-users and our clients, so we install only Icynene spray foam insulation materials. To learn more about our spray foam insulation please refer to this H&S documentation documentation and our spray foam insulation overview.
Our spray foam insulation services are covered by our 10 year workmanship guarantee, and this warranty applies to our attic insulation as well. Contact us to ask our attic insulation Edmonton specialists about our options for financing! Our client referral program offers additional cost savings. Connect with our insulation professionals for a free in-home quote and to find out more about our company, and we welcome you to read through our customer FAQs and reviews for additional information.