The attic in your house is one of the most accessible areas in which to install high grade insulation from IDEAL Insulation & Roofing. Our attic insulation products will enhance your homes energy efficiency and decrease your year-round cooling and heating costs. Other benefits of our attic insulation include improved air circulation, and protection from infestation, moisture, mould, and fire. With a wide range of attic insulation materials available, our attic insulation Edmonton contractors can help you choose the style that best suits your needs! With many manufacturer improvements, our attic insulation products exceed the standards of excellence set by our industry. If you’re building a new house, selecting a high R-value insulation will decrease your air conditioners or furnaces energy burden. Our attic insulation Edmonton experts can install attic insulation that is an affordable alternate to replacing windows, doors, and HVAC appliances. Before replacing or installing insulation in your Edmonton, Calgary, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Airdrie, Spruce Grove, Leduc, Okotoks, Cochrane, Stony Plain, Strathmore, High River, or Canmore area home, we ask that you conduct this “attic insulation inspection to-do list”:
- Identify all problems pertaining to your attic insulation before our inspector enters your attic. This can include water stains on your drywall (walls or ceilings), temperature issues in specific areas of your house, or any other issues noticed by home inspectors.
- Locate and provide access to all attic hatches. If located in a closet, make certain to remove personal items so that our attic inspector can gain access.
- Remove personal belongings you may have stored in your attic and be prepared that any plywood blocking access to the insulation may have to be removed.
- If you are performing electrical work and / or renovating, please ensure that your pot lights are I-C rated. This type of pot light is allowed to have insulation installed over top without any cover or border.
Once this to-do list is completed, our Attic insulation Edmonton contractors will carry out an inspection of your attic to search for structural specifications, and to form a customized plan of our attic insulation services. We then ask you to complete the following “attic insulation installation to-do list”:
- Budget 1-2 hours for our attic insulation Edmonton contractors to be on site for a standard attic insulation installation. More in depth jobs that involve insulation removal or extensive vapor barrier repair will take longer.
- Don’t worry about clean up because our workers upgrade lived-in residences every day. We are prepared to lay down poly from the outside of your home to your attic hatch and will clean up after ourselves upon completion to remove airborne dust or other unhealthy particles. As we are working in your attic there will be minimal disruption to your household.
- Please note that any roofing work quoted will be executed by a different team of contractors. Although we are all part of the IDEAL family, any roof vents, goosenecks, or soffit venting will be installed by a member of our roofing department which most likely will occur during a separate site visit. You will not be invoiced until all work is completed and you are fully satisfied.
Each stage of our attic insulation process adheres to our strict safety protocols and is handled competently by our fully licensed and insured attic insulation Edmonton professionals. As part of our 10 year workmanship warranty, our company provides ongoing support to ensure that you are completely satisfied with our work. Besides attic insulation IDEAL also offers spray foam insulation, both of which can be obtained via our excellent financing options. Learn more about our company by reading our FAQs and customer reviews, and don’t hesitate to connect with us for a free, in-home consultation and quote!